Thursday, July 3, 2008

So Thom Yorke, Voltaire, and Dan Vaughn walk into a bar...


Heard that one before? Oh...


While this website is generally focused on literary issues, please take a moment and watch some of the videos in the Radiohead video contest. Like most people, In Rainbows impressed the hell out of me. These videos do it proud. And if you haven't heard this album, kick yourself in the ass and go buy it!


On other fronts, I just wrapped up Voltaire's Candide. For a book written before the formation of the US, it was surprisingly fresh and enjoyable from a modern eye. Voltaire hammers the major institutions of his day (monarchy, the church, complacency) with sarcasm and wit. Why I hadn't read this sometime before, I do not know, but I hardily recommend it.


Like to know what Dan Vaughn is reading all the time? Join Goodreads, its a great way to share the books you are reading and what you think about your past consumptions with the people you care (or don't care) about.

Now that I look back over this, I did give a lot of links. Eh, all good stuff, I won't apologize.

No comments: